Training and development
We offer a wide range of training programmes that can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
STC has extensive experience in delivering training for voluntary and community groups, banks and building societies, councils and private companies. Most recent examples are:
- Chairing and facilitation training for managers at the Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Funding training in York in association with the Funding Advice Network and York Council for Voluntary Service
- Partnership skills training for City of York Council
- Grants training for City of York Council
- Train the trainer for Rural Action Yorkshire and for the Funding Advice Network
We have consistently achieved high scores in delegate feedback, for example in our last training sessions: 100% of delegates indicated they would be keen to attend future training that we run and 90% said their skills had improved as a result of the training.
Courses we offer include:
- Leadership and management development
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Business planning
- Partnership skills development
- Partnership agreements – writing; managing risks and rewards
- Bid writing (funding applications)
- Fundraising (and more grants related training programmes )
- Training for trainers.
We can develop a suite of training courses based on an initial training needs analysis or specific requirements you have identified. We tailor all our courses to reflect your organisation or business needs, ensuring they are fit for purpose, inspiring and memorable.
We use a blend of accelerated learning techniques, combining theory and practical skills, catering for a range of learning styles and drawing in the latest thinking in the information we deliver.
We evaluate all the courses we run and will provide you with both verbatim and synthesised feedback so that you can see the impact of the money you have spent.
We aim to help you create lasting change and empower your staff to deliver improved results.