What is it?
A business plan is a document that sets out all you need to know about an organisation for the next few years – generally a 3 or 5 year period.
What does it contain?
Some standard elements and others that may be specific to your organisation including:
- Your vision – where you want to be/ what you want to be known for
- Your aims – why you do what you do and what you are trying to achieve
- Market analysis
- Financial planning – detailed costings for future years
Are they just for businesses?
The simple answer is no – they are important for any organisation, irrespective of type or size because they provide:
- A clear way forward for the organisation
- Shared and agreed goals and targets
- Clear understanding of resources in hand and those needed
- Wider assessment of the outside world and how changes out there might affect your organisation.
How can we help?
We have years of experience in creating and writing business plans and a common sense approach which means STC can advise you about what you need to include and what you don’t.
It can take a great deal of time and a lot of resources to produce a quality document which is why many organisations do not have them, despite their importance.
We can deliver your business plan from scratch, delivering an initial outline, detailed draft and producing the final document, and will consult key parties on the content.
Your input will inform the approach at all stages so that the plan is relevant and reflects your needs and aspirations.
Where we add value
Our approach goes beyond the basics and will ensure your plan is clear and accessible with:
- Creative flowcharts
- Detailed process maps
- Line management diagrams
- Detailed background contextual and policy research.
We aim to ensure that your business plan provides a sound basis for the future and will help you to monitor your progress and development over time.
- York Young People’s Trust
- York Unifying Multicultural Initiative
- Foundation (charity)
- York Racial Equality Network