Welcome to Simon Town Consulting (STC).
We are an independent consultancy offering a wide range of support to help community organisations, social enterprises, businesses and individuals to grow, develop and prosper.
We do this through providing the following range of services:
- Grants and fundraising support
- Organisational development
- Business planning
- Training and development
- Coaching and mentoring
We hope you find what you are looking for on the site—if you don’t, then let us know. And please feel free to e-mail us with any questions about any of our services.
If you would like a quote or a detailed proposal, please use the contact form and we will respond as soon as possible.
We also offer up to two hours of free, no-obligation advice, which might help you decide what or how to proceed. Contact us to take advantage of this offer.
Recent examples of work
- Business plan and partnership agreement for a successful £1m Lottery bid for young people
- £1m Community Asset Transfer project in York—Simon Town was given a national award for the quality of his work with the community to refurbish and bring back into use a derelict community centre
- £3.68m Cycling City bid to transform York’s cycling infrastructure (1 of only 10 schemes funded nationally by Department for Transport)
- £1.4m Community Service pilot to develop volunteering (1 of only 5 funded nationally)
- ‘Chairing’ and ‘facilitation’ training for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Strategic planning and action planning sessions for a recycling organisation; a young people’s trust; a local nature reserve and a community centre
- 5 year business plan for a city-wide multicultural organisation
- ‘Train the trainer’ programmes for voluntary sector organisations